|The pages on this site are:
- Download Materials - a variety of free educational materials, spreadsheet
templates, and Power Point presentations, sorted by topic, intended to
provide a free service and get the basics out of the way.
- External Resources - this page is a list of resources: other organizations,
practitioners and resources to help nonprofits.
- Special Comment - uproar over IRS' alleged ideologically motivated
scrutiny of Tea Party and Patriot named organizations. This special
comment is like my Screeds page in that it is a combination of information
and obvious opinion. To some degree this might seem outdated from the
point of view of Spring 2016, but I just read a summary of the current
markup of the Taxpayer Protection Act of 2016 which is before Sen. Charles
Grassley (a/k/a "Do Your Job!") and the Senate Finance Committee, and
sure enough, the Republicans are continuing to do what they can to
hamstring the IRS from trying to enforce laws which make good sense.
- Q&A - users (you!) can send questions which I will edit (to generalize) and
answer. Some overlap with the Screeds page.
- Jobs Search - an annotated page of resources for finding or posting a
job in the nonprofit sector, particularly in the finance realm and Bay Area.
- Who Am I? - ("Who was I"?) a summary of the work I did during my career,
and perhaps may be able to still be helpful in smaller engagements
explaining or helping people work through questions that touch on
accounting, tax compliance and best practices in nonprofit management.
The point in the past was to outline my areas of expertise & bio /
background qualifications with linked: c.v., list of formal public presentations,
and a chronological summary of client engagements. About the closest I
ever managed to come to promotion.
- Contact Me - a basic contact form with space for question or comment;
page also has a link that will open your email program to send me email.
- Screeds - this is my soapbox, where I was able to occasionally blog my
opinions on the nonprofit sector, regulators, watchdogs, the press and
public opinion. Perhaps this will really come to life going forward. Opinions
here and throughout my site are my fault alone! Some overlap with the Q&A